We are happy to introduce the newest addition to the Gaston Family:
Huntley Adam Gaston, weighing in at 6 lbs 7 oz, 19 inches long, born at 11:17 pm on Sept. 22nd.
The contractions started about 8 am Tuesday morning lasting all day and getting stronger after Seth got home from work. I was only dilated to a 5 with 80% effacement when we arrived at the hospital at 7:30 pm the contractions were ranging from 3 to 5 minutes apart strong but not unbearable. The doctor wanted me to progress a little more on my own before he came to break my water, he finally broke my water about 10 pm I was dilated to a 7 with 90% effacement he said he would stick around since it wouldn't be very long until we met the little dude, the contractions got a lot stronger and closer together, so close I told Seth that he was coming and he stepped out to get the doctor and nurse I yelled mom and they started running back to my room, he was born about 5 minutes later making a fast arrival.
I had a great support system which consisted of my sweet husband who rubbed my back or legs to get my mind off contractions and my mom reminding me to breath and go with each contraction, if I didn't have them it wouldn't have been as easy to get through. Kisses and a big thank you. To Granny who watched Riley a big thank you and hugs and kisses....we sure did miss Riley not being able to come see her little brother (because of RSV and swine flu, kids under 12 are not allowed in) but we look forward to seeing her interact and meet her brother.
16 comments:
Congratulations! Huntley looks and is so precious, what a handsome fellow! I am very pleased for you to have had such a quick labor and delivery. You go girl!! Love, Michelle (We all send our love to you all! M & M, W & W)
Congrats. He is beautiful...yes boys can be beautiful. I have two of them. Where did Huntley come from....that wasn't on your quiz but I love it!!! Hope all is well. Let me know if you need anything! :)
Congrats! I am glad he is finally here for you to enjoy! Wish it were me already, only a few weeks left & I'll be right with you though! Hope everything is going well and you have a fast recovery!
Love that little guy! Way to go Gastons! Let me know what you need!
Congrats... i am so happy for you. Cute name. I am calling you today. I got the picture mail while sleeping so I was a bit out of it... so I am so sorry I haven't called yet.
Congratulations!!
we are so happy for you-glad it went well. can't wait to meet him
the redmonds
congrats jessica.. he is so adorable.... Riley will love him!!!!!
Yeah he is here finally I have been checking your blog daily to see the new little guy. He is a little cutie and I love the name. Love ya and take care.
What a cutie!!
Congrats! He is a cutie.
I love this little man. I hope you are doing well and got my message. please send me your address....loves
Jessica, you baby boy is so sweet. I think he looks a lot like dad. Hope you're all feeling well. Congratulations!!!
He's beautiful Jessica! Congrats! I'm glad it went so fast for you!!
Congatulations!! He is so beautiful! A boy and a girl. . . how lucky you are!! Take care!
First of all...did you have him naturally? You never mentioned an epidural. Birth is such an amazing thing. Second he is beautiful and looks SO much like you!!! Congratulations!!
HE IS ADORABLE!!!! HE LOOKS JUST LIKE SETH!!
Post a Comment