On Monday it snowed, you know the big snowflakes that are light and fluffy that I love so much snow. Mr. Gaston had the day off so we decided to venture out and go to Flagstaff, we wanted to take Riley ice skating but to our disappointment the rink was closed. As we were coming into town I was getting a little nervous because it was snowing so much and the exit that we got off of the freeway was a little bit of a hill. We started coming down and as we get to the bottom you don't stop you just kind of merge into traffic, it was a lot more slick than Mr. Gaston anticipated and we slid into two lanes of traffic as we were turning sideways in the car and snow is spraying up on both sides and in the back of my mind I keep thinking we are going to hit that car I saw out of the corner of my eye, now that we look back on it, it was kind of fun and he handled it with such ease that everything turned out. As we started going straight again I thought I am glad I wasn't driving I am not sure we would have had the same outcome.
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
An adventure
On Monday it snowed, you know the big snowflakes that are light and fluffy that I love so much snow. Mr. Gaston had the day off so we decided to venture out and go to Flagstaff, we wanted to take Riley ice skating but to our disappointment the rink was closed. As we were coming into town I was getting a little nervous because it was snowing so much and the exit that we got off of the freeway was a little bit of a hill. We started coming down and as we get to the bottom you don't stop you just kind of merge into traffic, it was a lot more slick than Mr. Gaston anticipated and we slid into two lanes of traffic as we were turning sideways in the car and snow is spraying up on both sides and in the back of my mind I keep thinking we are going to hit that car I saw out of the corner of my eye, now that we look back on it, it was kind of fun and he handled it with such ease that everything turned out. As we started going straight again I thought I am glad I wasn't driving I am not sure we would have had the same outcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I heard Flagstaff was hit really hard! That is scary!
OH MY GOSH....You come to Flagstaff and don't even stop and say HI?!?!!?!?
Post a Comment