Friday, December 11, 2009

It's cold



We went to see Santa last night, he showed up in a firetruck. It was a last minute kind of thing, I had asked Riley if she wanted to go see Santa, she said yes. I bundled her and Huntley up and we were on our way, as we were walking in one of the man directing traffic says to me an hour from now you will be asking yourself was this worth it? We got there and there was a line (of course all these kids wanted to see the big Jolly man himself). The wind was cold but Riley still wanted to stay, she kept saying "Christmas." We stood in line as we inched ourselves closer to the door they had one of those propane fires that stood up, we were excited to be by it however we were disappointed when we reached it because it didn't emit the kind of heat I was hoping for. By the time we got to the porch Riley had already eaten 2 cookies, I had to bend down to help Riley as I lost my balance and tried to take down all the lights with my bum (some nice gentleman behind me helped me up and caught the lights). We finally got to the door to go inside I was so excited as was Riley we were cold, she looked cute with those Rosy cheecks and her poor hands were like ice. We got inside and there was a chair it was nice to sit down and give my arms a rest, babies aren't heavy until you have to hold them for an extended period of time. Mr. Gaston called and met us inside where they had gingerbread houses, more cookies, and the Jolly man himself. It was our turn to meet him we walk up to where he is and Riley starts crying, she didn't like him so much.

3 comments:

Kara said...

What a good MOM!!! I wouldn't have lasted 10 minutes in those conditions...

Sounds like a funny memory you can remind her of a few years from now! :)

Kelly said...

Oh I wish you would have gotten a picture of her crying with Santa, those pictures are so funny when they get older and you can look back on them.

Jessica said...

I did get a picture but I can't pick it up until Monday....I will post it...