This is Huntley, yesterday he turned 1 and boy did he have a good day. Riley and him spent the day playing then I found them hiding under the table eating whoopers (If there is something Riley wants she finds a way to get it and includes him as well)The day before his birthday he decided he was going to start walking....he had been standing up and falling down all day but then he took a few steps and has figured out that is a better way to get around and less pain on his knees. I forget how wobbly they are, it is fun to watch him, and we clapped so now he claps as he does it. He takes a few steps then falls and if he thinks he can't get to you fast enough he crawls to where he wants to be...I have no doubt he will master the art of walking soon :)
Huntley and Riley admiring the monkey cake.....in tribute to Huntley because that is all he wants to do is climb onto things making me really nervous at times especially when Riley puts him on the couch and he climbs on the end table in the living room.
Most kids would stick their hands in the cake and try and taste eat and pretty much destroy it but Huntley was more interested in the balloon that his dad brought home for him.
I lit the candle and he didn't quite know what to do he just stared at it then at us then Riley was more than happy to help him out by blowing it out. He sat in front of the cake for a few minutes not really sure what to do, while Riley licked the frosting and was trying to get him to join in but he wasn't having any part of it. Then we gave him a fork and so he dug into it but never putting it in his mouth just playing in it.
I put him in his chair thinking he would dig into the cake....nope he was more than happy to just play with the fork...see the piece of cake in the cup holder? That is where it stayed...I put some up to his mouth only to have him stick out his tongue letting me know he didn't want it.
A trait he has gotten from his dad.....doesn't have a sweet tooth.
It was a great day and I still can't believe it has been a year since I had him. Riley and him get along very well for the most part and both of them keep me on my toes most of the time. He has brought such happiness to our home and to his sister's life that life wouldn't be complete without him.
3 comments:
I cannot believe he is 1!!! So cute. He is looking more and more like Riley every day. I didn't even know it was his birthday darnit. Glad it was a good one. Boy, he is his Dads son huh? No CAKE?!?
Happy Birthday cute boy!! I wish I had that trait, no sweet tooth. Man that would be nice. Great job on the cake, it's super cute!
VERY CUTE cake! I seriously can't believe it's been a year. Can't wait until you come to UT again so we can see you and your cuties!
Post a Comment