Sunday, October 17, 2010

A little scare


Huntley and I had returned from a morning walk to greet little miss Riley at the door.  The weather was beautiful but still a little cold for the little man.  I can't get enough of this weather, it has been cool in the mornings but warms up in the afternoon and it feels more like Spring than Fall.  We had breakfast and then off to the bathtub.  I was sitting there studying my lesson when Huntley decided to climb up on the ledge in the bath tub, I didn't get there fast enough as he slipped and started screaming.  There was so much blood and a million things were going through my mind.  At first I thought he knocked out a tooth, Riley was just staring at us as I was trying to clean the blood and find out where it was coming from....in reality I was starting to freak out mainly because I couldn't get him to calm down.  I finally stopped it and found that during the fall I think he hit his chin causing him to bite his tongue and now he has a huge gash in his tongue. If it was anywhere else on his body I am sure we would have had to have stitches but I guess they don't stitch tongues unless they are hanging on by a thread and then they have to knock you out.  He was quite fussy the rest of the day and I felt so bad for him because I know it hurt but there was nothing I could do about it, and there is nothing worse than feeling helpless especially when it comes to your children.

2 comments:

Jill said...

that is the worst feeling!

Kelly said...

Poor buddy! I'm glad it wasn't something worse but I'm sure he had you super scared. I bite a whole through my tongue when I was little too, I can't remember how but my tongue is just fine now. I'm sure this will be a story you'll tell him when he's older too.