Sunday, October 24, 2010

The sound of....


Have I mentioned how much I LOVE this little girl?  A LOT....her personality and vocabulary is just coming out lately and today was no exception.  We had our Primary program in church today (you know the one where the whole sacrament meeting the children teach us)?  Anyway, Huntley was over tired and wiggly on top of that so I walked to the back of the chapel to stand with him.  The kids finished a portion of their parts and the "Follow the Prophet" song comes on...a song mind you that Riley has sang a lot of lately and when she sings she doesn't sing in a nice pretty voice she BELTS it out.  There is 9 verses to the song (which she knows hardly any of the words) but the chorus she knows well.  After a few of the verses she starts singing and entertaining all the people sitting in the vacinity of us (I know Seth was thinking should I be mad or laugh -- he tried to keep her quiet but she is a determined little girl when she puts her mind to something)....I could hear her in the back where I was standing and I was trying not to laugh but she was just
so proud of herself how do you get mad?

We went for a drive today (me, Seth, my mom and the kids) up by Sunrise to see the changing of the leaves...they were beautiful and didn't disappoint however I wish we had more vibrant red and orange than just the bright yellow.  We decided to attempt to take some family pictures and as we stepped outside and started climbing the hill Riley says "Mom, where is your jacket it is cold, or better yet where is my jacket?" 

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I love it, SERIOUSLY so cute! Glad you wrote that story down.