Thursday, January 10, 2013

Holiday recap

The holidays have come and gone and
I can't believe we are already into a new year. 
Time seems to slip away from us these days.
Thanksgiving was spent with the Gaston's.  It was very low key and nice. 
We didn't have to travel which worked out perfect.
Christmas however was spent with the Hatch's.  The first time in my life and I was not looking forward to Christmas.  As the time approached I became more and more anxious because all of the traditions I did with Mom I was doing by myself.  It wasn't as fun without her by my side, however I got through it.  Christmas Eve we did our usual flauta and mexican dinner, but didn't attempt spudnuts.  Mom had almost perfected the recipe the year before so we didn't want to mess it up.  All of the girls did such a wonderful job making the food and dividing things so it wasn't so overwhelming.  We had the get together at Robb and Kelly's home and Kelly has made it beautiful and very homey.  
We all felt very comfortable in the house.
There were a few tears some of sadness but mostly of joy we were
 together and we feel
very blessed for all that we have especially the quick health and recovery of Robb and Kelly
and the wonderful knowledge that we will see Mom and Dad again.
Their presence was there on that special Christmas Eve in 2012.
 
Needless to say Mom and Dad were very much missed.

 

No comments: