Thursday, November 22, 2012

Turkey feast

Dear Mom and Dad

Thanksgiving has come and gone and although I am thankful for so many things, I miss you dearly.  I am thankful for the work ethic you instilled in us, I am thankful for your love and support, I am thankful for your grumpiness, your happiness, your kindness, your service, your smile, your ability to tell when I just needed a shoulder to cry on or just listen.

I didn't make the noodles this year because I was afraid that I wouldn't make them right and I wanted you by my side.  I wasn't sure I was going to make it through the day before, I hurt and just let it out with one big cry. 

I heard Amy and the girls did a great job I know you would be proud...and dad would just enjoyed the food and company and that he could get up and leave anytime.  I missed being with everyone especially you two.

Margaret cooked a feast for us, however our crowd this year was not the normal size.  The food was delicious and company was great.  I thought the kids were finally going to try turkey this year and Huntley actually did but ended up saying he didn't like it.  Jesse wanted to try everything but with only two teeth it is kind of hard to chew and swallow.  Riley of course was stubborn and tried the watergate salad but didn't try it, I even said she couldnt have dessert unless she ate....didn't faze her. One day she will get hungry enough.

No comments: