Friday, March 21, 2008

Where I've been----



Ok so I know I haven't posted anything for a little while and here is the reason. A few weekends ago my brother and his girlfriend and a whole group of people went to Glamis (sand dunes) this was her first time to the sand dunes and she was stoked. She had been out riding a few times with my bro but nothing like the sand dunes. For anyone who has never been they are pretty unpredictable (terrain, hills etc.) they change from month to month, any so they got there on Thursday night, well Friday she went on a ride with my good friend on the Razr and they tipped over but they were alright and then she and my brother went on a ride and first they were in the small parts of the dunes and then they ended up drifting into the bigger part of the dunes, sad to say what happened next. She was riding and was going from one bowl to another and instead of going slow she hit the gas and ended up en doing and flipping the bike a few times (my brother witnessing this the whole time), of course he rushed to her side and he could tell her collarbone was broken so he put her on the back of his bike and took her back to camp and to the hospital. Little did he know he would find out later the extent of her injuries, she ended up having a broken collarbone, broken pelvis and tailbone, a collapsed lung, and 10 out of 12 broken ribs....I know what you are thinking thank goodness she is alive!!! Anyway, my mom got the news Friday night and her and drove down to see them Saturday and to take care of my bro and the things that needed to be done because he was in lala land for most of the week while we were there (which I can only imagine he was blaming himself for her wrecking and then he had to relieve it over and over when he closed his eyes). She was in ICU and on a ventilator for a total of 5 days (hospital 14 days but now she is off and on her road to recovery. She is a fighter and one HELL of a strong woman!!! Just want to tell her we love her and are thinking about her, and G man if you are listening you are right up there with her, love ya bro!!

8 comments:

Caitlin said...

scary scary. Im so glad she wasn't hurt with me but she was being a trooper when she got back. I would have never known she was that badly injured! Way to be tough Emily!

Jessica said...

Yes, she is a trooper!!!

Pearson Family said...

oh that makes me a little queezy and light headed just thinking about that.

Jessica said...

I know me too and I had to see her when she had all those tubes all over and down her throat, it was crazy.

Kelly said...

Crazy story Jess! Glad you're back, I've been wondering where the heck you've been and what you've been up to.

Laura said...

That's a crazy accident! I'm glad she's on the way to recovery and thank goodness she has so much support.

Chlarson Family said...

All those injuries! That is unbelieveable. Glamis is Valee and Dustin's favorite place to be, they go atleast once a year.

That poor girl! She looks great in the picture...what a tough girl!

Jessica said...

Yes, she is pretty tough, I haven't heard of her complaining once. I have never been to Glamis (heard some crazy stories) but I am sure I will go sometimes