Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My Poor Little Girl

For those of you who don't know Riley burned her hand pretty bad on my flat iron as we were getting ready to come home from the wedding and I had just unplugged it and Riley came into the bathroom and was playing in the sink and leaned over and put her hand right in between the blades burning from her thumb to her wrist and on the inside of her palm from her pinkie to her wrist. We took her to the ER and then they sent us over to a burn center. She got a deep 2nd degree burn and I had to scrub the dead skin off for a week and dress it twice a day....let me tell you, it was not fun having your little girl screaming at you and then look up at you with her eyes pretty much asking you why you are doing this to her. But it worked out in the end, I just got it checked on Monday and they said that it is healing great.

NOTE to self: don't let your children play in the sink with HOT objects on the counter.....

Thumb view


Palm view - it looks all raw because she had a huge blister and they popped it when we got to the burn center,


A worn out little girl after a tough day---

6 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh, Jessica - that is so sad! Poor thing! I'm glad it's not infected and it's getting better. It's so hard to see you little one's hurt!

Angela said...

Ohhhh poor Riley girl:( That is horrible. I can't even imagine having to scrub her poor little hand...ahhh my heart breaks for you both. Well I am glad her appointment went well and it is staring to heal, what a LONG process that is going to be huh? If you need anything PLEASE let me help...I am just a door away.

Kelly said...

Oh Jess that makes my heart break!! I'm so glad she's alright though. Give her a big hug for me.

Lana said...

Ouch! what a punkin....
I feel your pain! Cayden needed to get a tooth extracted last week- and just the sound of the dentist ripping it out of his mouth made me sick- made me ache for my little guy.
Love ya, hope it gets better soon!

Pearson Family said...

oh that makes me sick to my stomach. so sad.....love her so much...she is getting so big.

THE POTTLES said...

Holy cow! Man that has got to hurt! I'm glad she is doing better but honestly. Ow!