It has been a tough few days
My mom had minor surgery on Friday, she came out of it like a rock star
She was up and walking around and we expected her to be out on Saturday, then she threw up and was given medicine for being nauseous everything went down hill from there. I came to visit her and I couldn't wake her up....
I cried, I didn't like how she looked, I didn't like how she wasn't breathing well, I just didn't like that I couldn't do anything but sit back and watch. The nurse told me it was normal, I didn't have a good feeling about it. We later found out she had an allergic reaction to the nauseous medicine, luckily when they changed nurses a nurse named Pat knew she wasn't looking the way she was suppose to so she moved her, put an IV in and put her back on oxygen, after being in a comatose state all day she came out of it at 11 pm.
She received a blessing the next day, we still didn't like what we heard from the doctor, they ran some tests and her color slowly came back throughout the day.
We got to take her home the next day, she still has no energy but I think each day she gets a little bit better...it may take a few days though.
It made me think a lot about "what if's" and all I came up with life wouldn't be the same without her..then I cried.
5 comments:
Jessica I am so sorry that is so scary. I have been in a similar situation with my mom and it is tough. What kind of surgery did she have...I hope she gets better soon. where are you goign for a couple of weeks missy?
Jessica, I'll be keeping your family in my thoughts & prayers. You have an incredible Mom! I'm sure you are such a source of strength for her. Hang in there and I hope she's better very soon.
How scary! I am glad everything is turning around! We thought my Dad had a stroke a couple weeks ago but found out it was just bells palsy. Thank heaven...but I freaked out. I couldn't stop crying when I saw his face. Let me know if your mom needs anything...I am her neighbor.
Oh jess... that made me cry... I hope she is ok... scary!!
Jess, I'm sorry I just saw this. I hope your mom is doing much better now. I'll keep her in my prayers, that is so scary.
Post a Comment