Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My day

(Riley and the cake she picked out for me)
Today was my birthday I turned 32.  I started out with my daily walk, in the nice brisk air and got to have a great conversation with an old friend.  Riley was still sleeping when I got home, it is easy to say that she is not much of an early riser, Huntley of course was up and all smiles.  A kiss and a birthday wish from Mr. Gaston started the day out just perfect.  We had breakfast when Riley got up but not before she told me she wet the bed.  A long bath with bubbles and toys then a play date at a friends house while I went to the spa to get a facial and mud wrap.  It was heavenly.  As I was getting the kids ready to go out to dinner Huntley peed on me and Riley tried to clean it up...SWEET.  As we were coming home from a night out of adult converstation, lots of laughs, and good food I asked if I could have the same day again tomorrow, my friend informed me the only thing that might be the same is the kids peeing on you. 

It was a great day!!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

What a beautiful cake! I imagine if my daughter got to pick out my cake, it would have a similar theme! I'm so glad you had a great birthday!

Kelly said...

I'm glad you had such a good birthday Jess, a day at the spa sounds heavenly. Maybe next year you'll get the same great day minus all the peeing! :)