A weekend we were looking forward to for months, not only because it was the annual reunion but because we were going to get to spend some much needed time with Mr. Gaston. We arrived at the campsite on Thursday afternoon and it was a beautiful day. Then the night slowly approached and that is when the rain came
(good thing for our rain boots :)
Huntley was in heaven crawling around getting dirty, playing with dogs, trying to touch bugs or anything that crawled and eating sticks, this was the only day it was really not muddy so sad to say he didn't get to be as free as he would have liked to be. It was nice to get out of the city and humidity and heat for a few days. The days were warm but when the sun went behind the clouds it got cool. The first night I froze and was so worried that the kids weren't warm enough I didn't sleep well. The next day the horses came and then Riley really found her one true love....that was after she got stung by a bee and her hand swelled up. Her Papa took her on a ride on the horse with her daddy right by her side. After Robb got there with his 4 horses and saddled them up all the kids wanted to take a ride including Riley, however she didn't ever want to get off even after the 2 hour ride her with her dad, Kelly, Jerzie and Robb down into the canyon. She loved every minute of it, sometimes grabbing the reins saying "getty up Tulapia, getty up" I never knew my daughter was such a horse lover until this weekend. The next morning she woke up with a swollen eye (not sure if it was from the bee sting or the horse)Mr. Gaston was so good with her as I was watching Huntley he took care of her, saying " I have had 31 years of fun I am ok giving up something I want to do so that she can have a good time"
I love to wach them together, she adores
him as much as he adores her.
They had a little game of paintball with Guy, Robb, Ruben, and G.R. They split up into teams and they had a good time except poor Ruben got hit the most and he has plenty of bruises to show for it. I don't think Seth got hit except maybe once (he says it is because he is just good like that --
he aims to hit not just to shoot).
It was a great weekend, with lots of good food, conversation,
fun and lots of rain....!
2 comments:
Gotta love family reunions. Sounds like so much fun!
Oh my goodness! I miss you! Yes all those equal heaven. I want to go! Ha Ha!
Post a Comment