Monday, September 6, 2010

Long HOT weekend

It was a long HOT weekend....the intention was to get out of town for a little bit, visit a friend and have a little R&R.  We played in the pool, Huntley decided to go skinning dipping (which he LOVED) and Riley was a fish and couldn't get enough of the water, looking back now I am glad we don't have a pool in our back yard, and hung out until I got some bad news.  Seth's grandad was flown to the hospital he had a stroke.  They didn't give us many answers because there were no doctors to be found (it must have been a holiday weekend or something).  Grandad was in good spirits and he looked great especially for being in the hospital and having to put up with being poked and prodded for the many tests that were ran.  After a long day in the hospital we were both starving and wanted to get something to eat before we got on the road.  When we finally got seated I realized it was a bad idea.  The kids weren't acting their normal "perfect" selves but then again I couldn't blame them...they had been in and out of the car all day, hanging out in a hospital, tired, hungry and they were just being kids.  Needless to say it was one of those dinners where we shoveled food in our mouths paid the check and left but not before we had plenty of stares and looks from the surrounding customers.  It was sure nice to be around Seth for a few days but I wish it was under better circumstances.