(the men manning the turkey fryer)
There are so many things I am thankful for, first and foremost is this good looking man above (the one standing up is the one I claim) and the other is the two children in the pictures below, life without them would be well it wouldn't be life at all. We spent Thanksgving in Globe this year with the Gaston clan, we got to see cousins we haven't seen since last year, meet Uncles we have never met before, see Grandparents and great Grandparents we haven't seen in a few weeks, play with dogs, eat some food, and the best part was spending a little time with family.
We decided to fry a turkey this year and it actually turned out better than I was expecting. Mr. Gaston fried and carved the turkey and what a good job he did of that. We had potatoes, pies, gravy, rolls, corn, stuffing, salad and anything else you can think of. After the meal I was full and happy.
(the kids table )
I am thankful for peanut butter and jelly because without them I am not sure what my daughter would eat. After dinner Auntie Michelle brought sugar cookies for the kids to decorate and what a treat that was....it was gold sprinkle frosting and colorful sprinkles to go on top. Huntley enjoyed just the sugar cookie since he didn't get to participate in the decorating but he was happy nonetheless. He was never far away from the "big" kids he always wanted to make sure he was part of it.
(Walker and Riley )
I am thankful for cousins that get along and like to do
some of the same things.
What a little tender moment they were having here.
(the rock pile that entertained for hours)
I am thankful for family welcoming our family into their home for a few nights. We stayed with Uncle Adam and he has a dog named Knuckles, Huntley could not get enough of the dog however they had quite the battle over territory of the toys. Knuckles would want the toy that Huntley had and he thought he was going to play with him then when he figured out he wasn't he would come and take it and Huntley would cry and then it would start all over again. It was a great day and we enjoyed the company and family but especially enjoyed Mr. Gaston having some much aniticipated and needed days off.




1 comment:
Cutest picture of Riley and her cousin holding hands! Love it! You do have a lot to be thankful for.
Post a Comment