Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A moment


This handsome man and beautiful girl are the light in my eyes, they bring so much joy, happiness and all sorts of goodness to my life.  We received some troubling news this past weekend in which we journeyed down to the valley of sun to visit some very special people.  We arrived in our winter wear but was not needed as it was quite hot in Mesa.  We went to visit Seth's Grandad who had just suffered a stroke, this was his second one since September.  I was informed that once someone has a stroke they continue to have many more mini strokes.  As we sat there visiting with family we were getting ready to leave, Mr. Gaston gets up to tell Grandad good bye, he leans down and starts visiting with him and Grandad grabs his arm and then they make eye contact with one another.  I see a single tear roll down Seth's face and at that point I am about to lose it so I walk out of the room. 
He is the strong one in this relationship and I am ever so grateful for that.  It made me think life is fragile and everything can change in the blink of an eye.

No comments: