It had been 12 weeks since I started the training program and I thought this day would never come, at one point I didn't think that I was actually going to make it to race day. It was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be but very rewarding.
I started out with a 625 yrd swim (25 laps) then went onto a 12.3 mile bike ride and ended with a 3.5 mile run. I didn't sleep the night before with excitement and jitters running through my mind. I got to the pool and finally calmed down a little bit as I had to wait for a lane to open to begin. I had a HUGE support system which was very comforting at time because it was them that got me to the finish line. I felt pretty good on my swim and bike but when I got to my run I hadn't drank enough water so I was trying to run but didn't have enough energy....they had a water station but have you ever tried to run and drink water at the same time...you don't get much water in your mouth (at least I didn't).
The run was HARD and when I got to my last lap I wasn't sure I was going to make it but I did. I finished my 1st triathlon in 1 hr 25 min which was within my goal so I was happy. I ended up 5th overall and 1st in my age group. It came to me as a shock I was just happy to have finished. I had a great time and look forward to the next one.
A HUGE thank you to my #1 supporter Mr. Gaston, he is my ROCK and without him none of this would be possible, he was always encouraging me and cheering me on up until the finish line. Race day wouldn't have gone more smoothly if it weren't for my amazing Mother n law who always seems to step in and know exactly what to do without
being asked.
To all my family that showed up...thank you it was great to have you there
cheering me on as well.





No comments:
Post a Comment