Saturday, February 4, 2012

How do I begin


It was a regular Saturday morning, I got up went to work, came home and snuggled next to my little boy before he decided to get up.  Once we were up the kids and I were discussing what we wanted for breakfast...it was a tradition in my parents house while growing up after we got done working on Saturday we would get to have donuts and chocolate milk..that has soon became a tradition in my own home.  We were off on a donut run, I forgot my cell phone and remembered half way to the store...no worries we will be right back.

What is the saying the calm before the storm...we were having a nice morning until I walked in the house and my phone was ringing, my sweet husband was on the other end wondering where I was.  I told him home and we proceeded to have a conversation.  Then he walks through the door, I ask him what he is doing home, I was sitting at the table, he walks over to me gives me a hug and then I look in his eyes and I know something is wrong.  He preceeds to tell me that there has been an accident, I begin to yell, he says a plane went up there was 4 people in it two are dead and Robb and Kelly are at the hospital.  I begin to scream more and still looking at him waiting for him to tell me this isn't happening.  I continue to yell "NO" and then my kids became upset seeing me so upset.  I am not sure what really happened after that because it is all a blur.  I remember going to the hospital, a bunch of people hugging me and I am still crying and then I remember going back to the trauma area to see Robb and Kelly.  The sight was something I will remember for a while....but they were ok and talking.  The doctors started telling me their injuries, I began to cry again.  I was thinking where is my mom and kept looking around everytime the door would open I was waiting for her to walk through it.  I felt alone....they wouldn't let Seth come back to the trauma room with me, my other brothers were on their way back from Vegas because that is where everyone was going this weekend to a car convention.

My phone rang and I continued to look for Ruth, because if any of you know my mom she is one to come in and take charge.  She knew what to do and what to say at all times in any given situation.  They couldn't transport Robb and Kelly from Show Low hospital because of the fog, so they drove them to Taylor and they flew out from there.  All of us kids from up here on the mountain then got in our cars and drove to be with Robb and Kelly for they needed us now and there was nothing we could do here.

No comments: