Wednesday, February 5, 2014

I felt loved


(My parents in Germany 19...)

Yesterday came and went in a hurry
When I woke up I looked out the window and made sure it wasn't foggy
Me and the children woke up later than usual because 
we couldn't quite get moving
I cried when I read a post my brother wrote
I cried when I thought of the events that happened on that tragic day, 
and all the blessings that have come from it.
My sister n law refers to it as a beautiful heartbreak and 
that is exactly what it was
I made breakfast, packed Riley lunch, brushed teeth and
 hurried out the door
Huntley had preschool, then gymnastics.
Jesse was grumpy because he didn't get his morning nap.
When I picked Riley up from school she told me about her day.
Seth came home early from work so we could attend the temple with some of our best friends.
I was overwhelmed at the response I received from people 
remembering my parents and making me feel loved.
It makes me happy to know they were loved.
I miss them everyday, but they are forever in my hearts.

No comments: