Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Time passes by

On this day 2 years ago I remember exactly what I was doing
Exactly where I was at when my husband walked in the door and 
Exactly my reaction when my life forever changed

Somedays I don't miss them as much as other days 
however I do still feel a huge void in my heart.
I keep thinking they are going to walk through the door 
at any minute or call me on the phone.
I can't help but reflect on their life, the kind of people they 
were and the legacy they left behind.

Today I want to thank them, 
I wouldn't be the person I am without them
for their sacrifices, their selflessness
for their unconditional love 
 for their example, for never giving up on me.

I am grateful to blessed to be a daughter of two extraordinary people
and honored to call them my parents.
I look forward to the day I get to see them again.
I love and miss you always!




No comments: