Monday, April 19, 2010

Birthday Party

I decided to throw Riley a Strawberry Shortcake birthday party this year and I will have to admit it turned out way better than I thought mainly because of ANGELA and her mad decorating skills.  She perfected everything and made it look good.
 A BIG THANK YOU to her.
The girls that attended and they were hilarious.  We played a game similar to musical chairs except they marched around from picture to picture on the floor and Riley was the ring leader, however they got tired of that after a few minutes except Riley and Addie they just wanted to march around to the music.  Pin the stem on the strawberry was another fun one to watch, they didn't much like the blind fold but did pretty well. 
I didn't make her cake this year and I was a little sad although
I am sure if I would have done it, it wouldn't have turned out as well as it did.  After Riley blew out her candles she didn't have
much patience as she just started eating the cake with her fork before I could cut it. 
The presents were a big hit they all wanted to join it and to our surprise Riley was ok with it and they were all excited to see what she got.  I am glad we waited to do the presents last because after that all they wanted to do was play with what she got.  It was fun to have a party and I think she and the other girls had a good time as well.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Looks like SO much fun! Who made the cake? It is darling!!!

Jessica said...

Not me!!! Some lady called "the cake lady" :)

Caitlin said...

Wow I have really missed your last three posts...first off Huntley is so dang cute. I cant believe he is half a year and that Riley is 3!!! Her party looked adorable. Way to go...looks like you are handling two kids fantastically!

The Hunters! said...

How cute was that cake?! Happy Birhtday Riley!!

Brittany said...

Cute! Check out that cake - love it!