Wednesday, December 1, 2010

What makes you happy?

(self portrait taken by little miss sassy pants herself)

Do you ever have those conversations that you just can't get out of your head?  Mr. Gaston and I seem to have those quite regularly lately....he says some of the most inspiring, mind stopping stuff sometimes and I think to myself I am thankful
that he is part of my life. 

The question was asked - What makes you happy?  It could be having a baby, getting an A on a test, the thrill and excitement of doing something for the first time, something that makes one person happy is different than what makes another person happy.

I answered something that brings you joy or excitement, for me it is being with my children, watching them get excited at the smallest things, spending time with Mr. Gaston. 

 His reply was - date night with my daughter (which right now - consists of going to a movie) the look and excitement Riley has on her face as she is sitting down in her chair with her popcorn, candy and drink anticipating the beginning of the movie and just being with him.  His answer kind of choked me up for a moment...the love he has for her brings a smile to my face and that makes me very HAPPY. 

No comments: