Wednesday, January 12, 2011

This little guy


Yesterday was a rough day for this little guy.  Have I mentioned how much he loves to climb?  He climbs on his own but also watches his sister and tries to do what she does. It has been a little chilly here the last few weeks, and the kids are trying to get over colds so I don't want to take them outside, however they are dying to go on the slide that their dad built them.  So instead of going outside I blew up an air mattress instead and they have been using that as a slide...who knew an air mattress would be so fun.  Huntley figured out how to climb up the air mattress by taking off his socks and (watching his sister) which leaned up against my bed.  I walked into my bedroom just when he took a dive head first in between my bed and my night stand, I picked him up and he was holding his breath so I blew in his face (thinking it would make him take a breath sooner) a second seemed like an eternity but he finally caught his breath and let out a cry I have never heard before.  He wouldn't let go of me and his body went limp, I started to panic but tried to be calm at the same time.  I called Seth, he didn't answer so I was just going around the house freaking out (as Riley is repeating everything I say) as to what to do.  Long story short he is fine but it gave me quite a scare....that night he went to visit his grandparents and him and Riley were playing on Papa's chair to his desk when Riley decided to push him off (I asked why she did that...her response "because I didn't want him up there anymore.") onto the hard wood floor on his head....
he has a nice big bruise to show for it.

No comments: