(Granny and the kids taking a walk in the desert)
Some of my favorite parts I remember growing up was
hanging out with my grandparents
during the summer they would take me to Safford where I would get to dance and hang out with one of my favorite cousins (who I rarely got to see) she would make me dance and do things I was pretty
uncomfortable doing (mainly because I wasn't good at them)
like performing dances in front of a group of people...but looking back now I am glad she did and I had fun doing it.
Another fun experience was when my grandparents would take all of us grandchildren camping for a whole week
without our parents...something
I looked forward to every year.
At the end of the week after we had played hard, done every craft you could think of played card games, rode quads, played volleyball my parents would come pick us up.
I loved my grandparents for making the effort and making those
memories with us.
Riley had the opportunity to go and stay the weekend with her Granny and when she gets to do that she is treated like royalty.
Gets anything she wants, eats what she wants, stays up as
late as she wants, and does anything she wants...she runs the place.
Isn't that how it is suppose to be when you are with your grandparents?
When we picked her up me and Mr. Gaston were so excited to see her and who did she run and hug first....Huntley.
They missed each other and it was soo cute, it did pull at
my heart strings just a little because I realized she didn't really miss me...but it is ok, I am glad to know we raised a confident, independent girl who is ok when she leaves us.
We had a good trip, good conversation until Huntley started getting fussy (about 30 minutes) outside of town...I couldn't figure out what was wrong until we got home....his stomach hurt, and he waited until I got him out of the car to throw up...poor little guy.


No comments:
Post a Comment